Kaplan Financial was established in 1990 by Robert Kaplan, CFP®. Prior to starting Kaplan Financial, Mr. Kaplan earned his CPA licensure at the international accounting firm of Ernst & Young. Mr. Kaplan is a sought after speaker, who specializes in the tax, financial planning, and disability insurance needs of physicians. He has spoken at medical schools and training hospitals throughout California including UCLA, LAC+USC, Cedars-Sinai, Kaiser Permanente, Huntington Memorial, UC Irvine, Harbor-UCLA, and Children's Hospital of Los Angeles.
Robert and his wife Leslie reside in Encino, CA and are the proud parents of three daughters. Leslie graduated from UCLA Medical School and is a practicing adolescent medicine physician. In addition to his financial planning and wealth management practice, Robert enjoys challenging himself physically and mentally, having completed several Ironman triathlons and the Boston and Los Angeles Marathons. Robert also enjoys traveling with his family, snow skiing, scuba diving, golfing and collecting contemporary art.
6, 7, 24, 63, 65 held with LPL Financial.
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, CFP®
Certified Public Accountant, CPA (inactive)
- University of California at Los Angeles, UCLA
- Designation in Personal Financial Planning, 1999
- California State University at Northridge, CSUN
- Bachelors of Science, Accounting, 1987
- Financial Planning Association, FPA
- California Society of CPAs, CalCPA
- American Institute of CPAs, AICPA
- The National Eagle Scout Association
- CA Insurance License #0711293
- CA Corp. Insurance License #0D08420